Monday, March 31, 2008

03-31-08



This evening Becca, Diana, and I headed down to the Cedar Hills Powell's in Beaverton to see Jodi Picoult. She is one of my favorite authors (and Becca's too!). She was talking about her latest book, Change of Heart, but we also got to hear her talk about other books, and the movie version of My Sister's Keeper coming in 2009.

And I bought three more books. Because the huge stack of unread books by my bed is lonely...
Hence, the quote of the day:

Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?~ Henry Ward Beecher ~

4 comments:

Marie said...

It's so neat that you got to meet her. I've only read one by her but I'm looking forward to Second Chance.

Diana said...

it was a wonderful time..this picture looks better on your blog than it did in my e-mail..whew!!! LOL

lynette said...

I wish I could have gone! The book is great :) Glad you had a good time.

nwscrapmom said...

That sounds like fun! I've never met an author, but I did have the good fortune of getting an e-mail back from an author I had written to praise a book of hers' I had read.