Friday, March 14, 2008

03-14-08


I'm sure glad I'm not a food photographer, it is harder than it seems like it should be!

Following the lead of fellow bloggers to post about what we're eating. Well, I guess I am the only one eating it... I've had this recipe for two years, waiting for an opportunity to make it. Knew my family wouldn't appreciate it, Bruce doesn't even know what a grapefruit is!

Grapefruit Avocado Salad
Lettuce, sectioned pink grapefruit, sliced avocado, toasted pecans. Dressing made with orange juice, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, and pepper sauce.

Took it to a friends for a dinner party. It was OK, but not really worth the effort. The evening was great, though, lots of laughter.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

lynette said...

At least you finally got to try it! The family always "uh-ohs" when I say we are trying a new recipe :)

Marie said...

I like the sound of the dressing. I only like grapefruit if is has sugar on it, then it's wonderful. It's fun to try new recipes, though.

nwscrapmom said...

Mmm, it sounds heavenly!