Monday, March 10, 2008

03-10-08


This is what I saw when I pulled into my parking space on our street tonight after work. It's Monday, so I tried to take a photo at work, but I didn't put my memory card back in the camera yesterday. Oops!

Two things struck me - that it is much lighter, and that the trees have turned pink almost over night. I love the plum blossoms, I don't mind the mess they make all over my car when they are in bloom. The extra light is good, but I would trade it all in for not changing the clocks twice a year. I could barely function this morning. I'm going to have to go workout in the basement tonight, because I went back to bed this morning.

Oh, and a follow-up to yesterday. Xander is now about 30% through the game. He's decided that playing with Anastasia works better than playing with dad, because she doesn't get as frustrated with him when he does bonehead things that gets his partner killed. "Anastasia's used to dying!" he quipped.

My weights await...

3 comments:

lynette said...

I read yesterday that time change is easier on early birds than night owls. Are you a night owl? I LOVE springing forward. I was so happy last night :)

And you are right, the blossoms seemed to have appeared overnight.

Marie said...

That's a pretty shot. My tree hasn't blossomed yet...it often does by Nicholas's birthday, but it's late. I guess in our neighborhood, the groundhog was correct...unless mine appear overnight...

nwscrapmom said...

Very pretty. We've got a few little buds on the trees around here, but definitely nothing as beautiful as your picture! I need to go buy some trees (cherry, plum, etc...) that will blossom for me every spring and make me smile (when I'm in the midst of grumbling over the stupid time change).