Sunday, March 2, 2008

03-02-08


I love cows.

They aren't my favorite animals, but I am fascinated with them. When I see them along the road, I have to watch them. I wonder what is going through their mind. What their day is like. Cows just seem to have less purpose than other animals, and their simplicity draws me right in.

Bruce thinks I'm silly for thinking a house with a view of cows would be cool. Especially since I am a city girl, have no desire to live rural. I remind him that cows have been a thread for a long time; when we were honeymooning in Maine, we drove out of our way to track down the
belted Galloway cows. Seeing those cows that are also called Oreo cows was one of my favorite memories of that trip.

Driving to and from
Yelm this weekend via the back roads, I saw a lot of cows. I just couldn't resist pulling over to photograph them. This light brown one stared at me the entire time I was pulled off. What was he thinking?!?

3 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

OK, now I'm hurt. You were in Yelm and didn't even call on me? *G* It's funny, but I admit I am like you. I wouldn't want to own any, but I enjoy watching cows, too, for some reason. I love this time of year when the little calves are out kicking up their heels like children.

lynette said...

I like them to but don't appreciate the smell much when I ride by on my bike. ICK!!

Lesa said...

Maybe that brown cow was thinking, "GOT COOKIES?"..lol..

they do seem like such gentle souls,dont they?