Friday, March 21, 2008

03-21-08


Tonight I informed Xander that he was going to help me make rice krispie treats. He wanted to know why he needed to help. It reminded me of that story about the hen who couldn't get any help and then didn't share her bread. He got on board pretty quickly and asked if he could sample the first finished treats. He has never tasted homemade ones, he was pretty excited. He also made a bigger mess than if I had just done it myself. But I don't like to bake alone. If you can consider melting marshmallows baking.

Rice Krispies facts:
-Known as Rice Bubbles in
Australia
-Has been produced by Kellogg's since 1928
-They are made of rice grain kernels that are cooked to form very thin walls. When the cereal is exposed to milk or juices, these walls tend to collapse suddenly, creating the famous "Snap, crackle and pop" sounds.

I took a vacation day today, and got everything on my home to do list for the week done today, so now I get to relax all weekend. My birthday weekend. With nothing besides church that we HAVE to do for the next two days. Oh, and paint eggs, I guess, but they are boiled and ready to go. Yippee!

3 comments:

lynette said...

Have a wonderful weekend! Glad to hear you took a much needed day off! And Happy Birthday :)

Marie said...

Fun facts! Is your birthday on Easter this year?

nwscrapmom said...

I love the facts on Rice Krispies... very fun. Thanks for posting them! It's funny... my kids love to bake with me, but I don't know that we've ever made Rice Krispie Treats. Hmmm... now I'll have to ask them about it. *G*