Thursday, March 13, 2008

03-13-08


Continuing yesterdays theme of clothing and spring, does purging your wardrobe count as spring cleaning? It's more than just bringing out the spring clothes, it's reevaluating every garment to decide if it stays or goes. It even means trying some of them on.

On the left are the clothes I will keep. They fit good, they feel good, they are my colors, they are still in good shape, and/or I feel like a million dollars when I wear them.

“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.” -Tina Turner

On the right are the clothes I will part with. Some are dear old friends that I will miss badly. Some I wish I had never bought. But they are worn out, out of style, make me feel like my grama when I wear them, are uncomfortable, or are so far off my color wheel that I can't pretend any longer.

"Cleaning anything involves making something else dirty, but anything can get dirty without something else getting clean. " -Laurence J. Peter

My closet may be spotless, but my bedroom floor has been a wreck all week! But I'll be free soon!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Good for you. I need to clean out my closet a bit so Owen can move a few of his clothes in. It's hard to get rid of some of those old favorites...

lynette said...

I need to do that too! I don't have a lot of clothes so tossing anything leaves me with even less.

nwscrapmom said...

Spring cleaning must be in the air. We made the mistake of beginning to tackle the garage last weekend. I won't go into the gory details... but the interior of my house is now a wreck due to boxes that had to be brought in. I'm tired of clutter ~ yikes! Good for you for doing what you are doing. I think getting rid of clothes can be real hard to do.