Thursday, March 27, 2008

03-27-08

This is my second attempt to photograph this cool landmark, I've used every camera setting I can find. I seem to have to choose between the clock being in focus or seeing the building. I decided to go with the different.

My high school could not have been more boring. All the more reason to enjoy the old high school down the street that the kids will attend. I was a jackrabbit, they will be lumberjacks.

This photo is of the auditorium built in the Georgian Revival style, which sports two story Corinthian columns and a big clock tower.

Some quotes for the clock theme:

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." -- Louis Hector Berlioz

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." -- C.S. Lewis


"The time which we have at our disposal every day is elastic; the passions we feel expand it, those that we inspire contract it, and habit fills up what remains." -- Marcel Proust

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anastasia will actually be a lumberjill not a lumberjack.

nwscrapmom said...

Good idea for a picture. I can see why you had difficulty capturing the image. I think you did a good job, though. I had 4 mascots... 4 different high schools. I was a Bear, a Warrior, a Lynx, and finally, an Eagle. :)

Marie said...

It's neat with the gowing clock face.