Tuesday, July 1, 2008

07-01-08


What's on your summer reading list?

It's the end of another quarter, so time to photograph the books I've read or listened to in the past three months. Some of the books were book club picks, some were books I've been wanting to read, some were just available cheap, and one is even a birthday gift! My goal this quarter was to read more Jodi Picoult and Jane Kirkpatrick (having seen them both at Powell's this year), and to read more Christian books. I certainly read more than I expected to!

Books read:
Once Upon a Day - Lisa Tucker
A Land of Sheltered Promise - Jane Kirkpatrick
Homestead - Jane Kirkpatrick
Calm Cool and Adjusted - Kristin Billerbeck
The Singer - Calvin Miller
Because I Said So - Camile Peri; Kate Moses
Chinese Whispers: The Gladys Aylward story - Carol Perves
Quentins - Maeve Binchy
Songs of the
Humpback Whale - Jodi Picoult
Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen - Syrie James
The Rising:The Antichrist born before left behind - Jerry Jenkins
Heiress for Hire - Erin McCarthy
The Tenth Circle - Jodi Picoult
The Regime (left behind #2) - Jerry Jenkins

Audio books listened to:
Lost & Found - Carolyn Parkhurst
A Bend in the Road - Nicholas Sparks
True Believer - Nicholas Sparks
At First Sight - Nicholas Sparks
The Quickie - James Patterson
Christ the Lord:Out of Egypt - Anne Rice
The Mammoth Cheese - Sheri Holman
Richistan: A Journey Through the American Wealth Boom and the Lives of the New Rich - Robert Frank

Happy Reading!

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”
Desiderius Erasmus

4 comments:

lynette said...

Good for you! What a great reading list!

Lesa said...

wow!..you get a gold star this quarter for sure!!..

I bought the Mammoth Cheese the other day at the Dollar Tree, since I remembered seeing it on your Shelfari shelf..was it good?

Marie said...

Looks like some great books there...

nwscrapmom said...

Wow... that's quite the reading list. I'm impressed! I just finished a book that was pretty lame. It was one of those I kept reading because I thought for sure it would get better. It didn't.