Sunday, July 20, 2008

07-20-08


DAY 2: DRIVING DAY, BOISE TO JACKSON,WY

Anastasia announced that she liked California vacations more; this one was too educational. Unfortunately Jackson was practically shut down due to it being Sunday, so we went up to Grand Tetons and started exploring. This was a historic cabin with a sod roof.

FAST FACT:The Homestead Act of 1862 granted title to 160 acres if pioneers could live on the land for five years, build a cabin at least 12 feet by 12 feet, and cultivate a few acres of crops.

2 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

She's more the sun and relaxation type, eh? I enjoy both, but I think my kids would probably side with her.

lynette said...

She'll look back on it very fondly I am sure. My boys would have loved it but Jim could never be in the car that long. Never.