Wednesday, July 30, 2008

07-30-08


DAY 12: DRIVING DAY, DETOUR TO LITTLE BIGHORN NATIONAL MONUMENT
Today was the day Anastasia got a 24 hour stomach flu or something. It was also the day we decided to make no more stops and just head for home.

We were all about done with sightseeing by the time we hit Little Bighorn, but the ranger gave a very interesting description of the events leading up to the battle, which is also called
Custer’s Last Stand.

We were looking for a hotel with a pool, but Bruce found one in Missoula with a water park. I was thrilled to sit poolside with my camera and book, but Bruce and the kids enjoyed the two water slides.

FAST FACT:
www.43things.com has 5,887 people registered as wanting to see the 50 states. Anastasia wants to visit all 50 states in 50 years. This trip got her 4 new states, so she now has 12 states at age 11. I picked up two new states this trip, the Dakotas.
“When I’m 50, I plan to have 50 states. I’m going to go to Alaska for my fiftieth.” - Anastasia

3 comments:

Marie said...

That's a great goal for Anastasia to have. Now I'm curious to count up how many states I have...hmmm.

nwscrapmom said...

Boy... I'd have to work real hard to hit all 50 by 50. What a fun goal for her, though! Sorry to hear that she had a bout with the flu while on vacation.

lynette said...

I'd love to see all 50 too but it won't happen by time I am 50. She has a nice head start thanks to her cool parents :)