Thursday, July 24, 2008

07-24-08


DAY 6: YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK

Our budget included $50 each for souvenirs. Xander started collecting stuffed animals of animals spotted. Anastasia decided to collect key chains, and her quest for the perfect baseball cap ended with a ranger hat instead. Bruce was keeping his eyes open for a hat, but it was hard to find anything other than cowboy hats. I kept my eyes open for necklaces and Christmas ornaments, but my big quest was a T-shirt with a moose.

FAST FACT:
300 million people go through Yellowstone each year. We saw license plates from all over, and chatted with a family from England during a covered wagon cookout.

2 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

That's fun that each family member had their own "quest". I like the moose shirt. I typically hunt for Christmas ornaments when on vacation.

lynette said...

I lilke the budget idea for each member. We will need to do that for Hawaii this winter. Glad you found your shirt :)