Sunday, July 6, 2008

07-06-08

Real Simple has a new feature called “How would you spend an extra $100?”

So how would you spend an extra $100?

Here’s my list:
$15 - A Jane Kirkpatrick book, a sequel to one I just finished. I recently ordered some books from amazon.com and added on a few to get to the $25 free shipping level. Kicking myself I didn’t add this one.
$20 – Splurge on soaps. When I see names like Peppermint Shower Soap and Lemon Organics Exfoliating Soap, I go crazy. I could buy a lot of soap.
$30 – A replacement medical ID bracelet. My broken beaded one sits here on my computer table, and I have just not done anything about it yet.
$10 – A box of Frangos. I only eat them at Christmastime, but why?
$25 – New fun slippers. I had to retire my monkeys, and my frogs are getting well worn. I haven’t started looking for the right balance of fun and comfortable.

This is a silly photo that will never find it’s way to my scrapbook, but money is a funny thing. For me cash never stays in my wallet long. And it takes some work to get more, since I refuse to use ATM cards, ATMs, or visit banks.

“Life is like a cash register, in that every account, every thought, every deed, like every sale, is registered and recorded.” -Fulton J. Sheen

4 comments:

Diana said...

hmmmm show me the beaded bracelet....I can do beading or Sue can and you can save your cash!

Marie said...

I like your $100 list...I'd have to think about how I'd spend it...maybe I'll go do that.

lynette said...

I wonder what I would get. I am a lotion girl not a soap girl. I love fancy, pretty lotions for any day of the week.

nwscrapmom said...

I think this is a great post! Hmm... I guess in a way, I could do my own. I got money for my birthday that I can't decide how to spend. I should give it some thought so I don't just nickel and dime it away.