Monday, July 7, 2008

07-07-08


I’ve had a screaming headache all day. Work was as good as can be expected and we survived our first weekday without Dad, but my head feels like a freight train is driving through it. Normally food helps. Or pills.

So I decided to ditch my to do list and soak up some time in the sunshine this evening. I spaced out my lettuce sprouts (it seems crazy to plant just to rip half of it out, but I’ll do it), watered (who knew the weather would turn so warm again!), and planted the rest of my container garden.

Our neighbor popped her head over the fence to ask me what I was planting beside my cow. The cow that I just could not leave at Lowe’s. So, the tall plants are zinnias. The yellow ones are straw flower, they open in the sun. I can’t remember the name of the white creeper sharing the pot. And the front pot is all the fresh herbs our recipes call for. Except dill.


“Life's a long headache in a noisy street”

4 comments:

Marie said...

Headaches are no fun...I can never do anything when I have one. Hopefully yours went away after sitting in the great sunshine!

lynette said...

Headaches are icky. Hope you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I can't think of much worse than a headache that will not go away :(. Your container garden is cute and I can completely understand why you had to adopt the cow!

nwscrapmom said...

Yikes... hope the headache finally subsided for you. They are definitely NO fun.