Monday, July 28, 2008

07-28-08


DAY 10: WALL DRUG AND BADLANDS NATIONAL PARK

Wall Drug is hard to explain, but is fun to experience.

“It’s just nice to experience part of American travelling history” – Bruce

Badlands was one of my favorite places, I would love to come back in a year where they do not have record mosquito populations.

This photo won’t make the scrapbook, but thought it was fun for the blog. We used the gorilla pod from photos with all four of us in it (or made due without), but several people asked Bruce or I to take photos for them. We are more than happy to help them out, and offered when we saw folks posing shots. This is me taking a photo of a family for their Christmas card.

FAST FACT:
The term badland means dry climate, sedimentary rocks, canyons, and pinnacles. But the real point of this park and Teddy Roosevelt is to protect the prairie. While most parks have the motto of “go to jail if you leave the trail”, Badlands is an open park. The kids had a blast exploring the buttes.

2 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

I have some great stories of my grandma in the badlands from when she was little. I guess I should preserve them and put them in writing since she's now gone... at least her memories and stories can live on.

lynette said...

So cool! What a great Christmas card pic. You are such a helper :)