Tuesday, July 15, 2008

07-15-08


Today was my monthly drive to Seaside to share financials with the forest area team there. I hit some construction delays, but it was a gorgeous day for a drive.

On the way home I stopped for a photo of a Victorian house in Astoria, since I love them so. And my camera had it's memory card this time.

This huge, well maintained building is just south of downtown. Across the street from the little jail that was featured in the Goonies movie, in fact. It appears to be operated as a B&B, but I didn't note the sign and can't figure out which house it is on the historical register.

“Historic preservation has an important place in America. 'Preserve America' promotes education, historical preservation and economic development while encouraging a greater appreciation of our national treasure from monuments and buildings to landscapes and main streets.”
Laura Bush

4 comments:

Marie said...

Those old houses are beautiful. :)

Lesa said...

cool house!..I admire them, but they kinda give me the creeps!..too many scarey movies, I guess

lynette said...

I love those types of houses too. I dream of a huge wrap around porch with a swing on it.

nwscrapmom said...

I love the old Victorian-style houses, too. Don't see many of those around here. *G*