Sunday, June 1, 2008

06-01-08

What's in your garden?

I'm trying to spend more time in the yard. After four years of almost total neglect, it is a daunting task, but we are slowly getting vegetation trimmed back. Today we made trips to Home Depot and Lowe's to scope out pots, plants, and material for a raised bed. I also spent time in the yard trimming back bushes and deadheading. I tried out the electric hedge trimmer our landscaper neighbor gave me when he saw me trimming with my small shearers. There was a scrub jay keeping me company, but as soon as I went inside to get my camera, he disappears. It's not very comfortable to garden with a camera around your neck!

Does anyone recognize these plants? I'm trying to identify them. The flowers look similar, but the leaves don't. The pink is a small bush, the white is trying hard to take over the entire yard.

2 comments:

lynette said...

Sorry, can't help you there.

nwscrapmom said...

Nope, sorry. No help here. I'm clueless when it comes to plants. Sounds like you're getting a lot of yard work done, though. Good for you!