Friday, June 13, 2008

06-13-08


I paint alone, but I still paint.

Tonight was church Ladies Night at the ceramic studio. But I was the only lady there for three quarters of the time.

The quiet time to decompress after another long hard work week was nice, and when Tyra arrived we closed down the shop and walked over to Starbucks.

This is a project is from my last trip. I enjoy the painting process and the anticipation of seeing how it will turn out, I rarely have anything in mind for the finished work of art. This one has a mocha wash to get that antique feel. Gotta love the coffee, no matter what form it comes in!

“Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can”
Danny Kaye

4 comments:

lynette said...

Very pretty, nicely done. I like the coffee cartoon too :)

nwscrapmom said...

That is so pretty! I've never seen anything like that at our ceramic places. You did a great job on it... and I LOVED the coffee cartoon. So true!

Marie said...

What a fun project to do. It turned out great.

AngieDphotography said...

very pretty and a cool thing that you got some quiet time!