Tuesday, June 24, 2008

06-24-08

Today found me in Cosmopolis, clearing out my office to make room for others to move into my space. Since I only use it once a month now.

I threw away my Attila the Hun hat, but I wanted to take a photo for posterity.

When I first became a manager, my boss loaned me a book called Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun, swearing by the wisdom on its pages.

Some of the tips include:

You must not be threatened by capable contemporaries or subordinates. Be wise in selecting capable captains to achieve those things a chieftain can attain only through strong subordinates.


Huns should focus on opportunities, not problems.

Some Huns have solutions for which there are no problems.

2 comments:

lynette said...

That hat is great! And the advice from the book is sound too.

nwscrapmom said...

Very fun hat... and the quotes are fun to read, too.