Friday, June 6, 2008

06-06-08

I guess I see the world through rose colored glasses on Fridays. I thought we could have a fun Fischer family evening together tonight.

Silly me.

I can't even trace back exactly where it went wrong, but it's ending with all four of us very frustrated.

Tonight was the school carnival. Maybe that was my first mistake, I know better than to look forward to the school carnival. But usually I'm the only one dreading it. The kids were disappointed that the weather moved it indoors and that they took away the best part, the jail.

But we did have some laughs. The kids quickly discovered that they could use one ticket to play the fish pond and rack up ten prize tickets redeemable for candy and other junk. As Anastasia rakes in the tickets, Alexander's pockets are already bulging with his 20+ strawberry drool flavored Sour Patch Chewy Candy Tongues. Ah, to be ten again!

3 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

Too bad the weather caused a change in plans. It sounds like the kids had a good time anyway. Hopefully the weather will clear so we aren't glub-glub-glubbing all weekend. I feel so squishy!

lynette said...

Ours did stay at least partially outdoors. Jared came home with 2 cases of pop! He has made it very clear they are his alone. Sorry about the frustration, I hate when a good plan goes all wonky.

Marie said...

This weather has been awful for outdoor activities lately.