Tuesday, June 3, 2008

06-03-08


Home, home on the range. Where the buffaloes roam... to my dinner plate, that is.

I noticed in the Sunday paper that it is buffalo season at Fred Meyer, so I asked Bruce to pick some up. Tacos with ground buffalo last night, buffalo steaks tonight (with brown and wild rice and a green salad with golden raisins and poppyseed dressing). Yum!

I think I started eating buffalo on our last trip through the Grand Tetons in the early 90's, there is a buffalo ranch in Porter (they bake gingerbread cookies in the shape of buffalo for the tours), and I watch for Fred Meyer's annual buffalo bonanza.

"Today buffalo meat, shunned no longer, has achieved an enviable position: simultaneous praise from chefs, nutritionists and environmentalists." - Marion Burros

2 comments:

lynette said...

I can't say I have had buffalo and especially haven't watched Freddy's for sales :) Glad you enjoy it. I'll make sure there is plenty in the store for you.

nwscrapmom said...

I've never tried buffalo. It is supposed to be pretty lean, isn't it?