Tuesday, June 10, 2008

06-10-08


You're staring at our future. Or she's staring at us, I guess.

Today was Anastasia's 5th grade graduation ceremony, as she moves up to middle school next year. She was goofing off, but this is how she's feeling about a new school.

All 52 Olympic Elementary graduates received a visor and a chance to pile on the bus and go bowling. Class of 2015. Wow, that makes me feel old! I bet it makes some feel just ancient... :) Congratulations, honey, no matter how old you make us feel!

“I don't think anybody anywhere can talk about the future of their people or of an organization without talking about education. Whoever controls the education of our children controls our future.”
Wilma Mankiller

“The brain grows in spurts and that during the middle school years, the brain stops growing -- plateaus -- and so kids couldn't really learn much during this period.”
Mike Riley

3 comments:

Marie said...

Milestones...class of 2015...that sounds so far away, but it will be here so quickly. Enjoy middle school, Anastasia!

nwscrapmom said...

I guess I hadn't thought about the whole "Class of ... " before. I just realized Lexi is also in the class of 2015. Yikes... that does make me feel old!

lynette said...

Jared is the Class of 2016, or so his Kindergarten hat proclaimed :) Seems so far but it will be here quick!