Saturday, June 28, 2008

06-28-08


Bruce doesn't get credit for having the bathroom operational again (we were both sweating after getting it placed, so there is progress), but he does get kudos for building my raised bed and filling it with soil. I planted it this morning, after running to the farmers market and Lowe's for seeds, starts, and plants. I plan to have flowers in the red family (zinnias, poppies, and nasturtium) along the front row, and salad makings (lettuce, spinach, and peppers) taking up most of the space. I may have produce coming out my ears (also have zucchini in the back yard), but I'm going to plant every few weeks to try to space out the harvest. Or, it may just be a "learning season" while I figure out how to garden again.

I liked hits photo, with my shadow in the lower corner, even though you can't get perspective of Bruce's creation.

“With a few flowers in my garden, half a dozen pictures and some books, I live without envy.”
Lope de Vega quotes

“Keep on sowing your seed, for you never know which will grow -- perhaps it all will.”
Albert Einstein

“The earth laughs in flowers.”
E. E. Cummings

3 comments:

Marie said...

Good luck with your garden...sounds like a good plan.

lynette said...

Sounds like a great garden. I never did get mine started :(

nwscrapmom said...

Sounds like a great plan... I hope everything grows great for you!