Saturday, June 14, 2008

06-14-08



I did a little bit of yard work today. OK, I obliterated a bush.

Xander said I demolished it.

Bruce said “oh goody” when I told him I had no idea what to do with all the debris, so it’s piled up in the middle of the lawn.

He and Anastasia were in Portland today for youth group, so Xander and I hung out at home. He was playing with the hose on the trampoline, so I started reclaiming the grass that the huge bush has taken over. The branches are amazingly dense, it's a fun puzzle to figure out how to prune it.

The fleshy part of my palm under my thumb is very tender this evening from using the clippers for hours. But it feels great to be making progress.

“If you can't see through your plant somewhat, then you haven't done enough pruning.”
Tommy Futral

3 comments:

Diana said...

I was always told that when pruning you cut anything growing "into" the plant...

Marie said...

Well, at least you LIKE working in the yard...that has never appealed to me, except for deadheading rhodies...because I don't have to bend over much.

nwscrapmom said...

Boy, you really *are* making an effort in your yard, aren't you? Good for you! I was out in the garden again today so I'm nursing a near-blister on my thumb from shoveling. Ouch!