Tuesday, June 17, 2008

06-17-08


When I drive through Astoria on my monthly trek to Seaside, I often want to take a photo of an old Victorian house for the blog. Just because they are so cool. The Victorian houses are the favorite homes in my ceramic Christmas village. I love San Francisco with the squashed together Victorian feel houses.

Today I actually got off the highway and drove around the neighborhoods until I found a worthy house. I felt odd. How would you feel if you saw someone drive up, snap a photo of your house, and drive away? It would creep me out. But I was determined.

I reached in my purse.... and my camera wasn't there! it was still beside my computer form last nights upload. D'oh!

So my house will have to do instead.

“Let me live in a house by the side of the road and be a friend to man.”
Sam Walter Foss

3 comments:

lynette said...

Sorry you didn't have your camera. Your house is quite lovely.

There was a house I wanted to the a picture of because of their landscaping but I chickened out. I was on my bike and can't make a very quick get away that way :)

Marie said...

I've done that, too...perfect photo chance, no camera. Your house is pretty, though...very cheerful flowers. :)

nwscrapmom said...

The flowers are sure cheerful and pretty. Bummer you didn't have your camera with you. I hate it when that happens!