Tuesday, April 22, 2008

04-22-08


Here's a tribute to my two cell phones.

The big one is a bag phone I inherited in 2000. It is now disconnected, but I can't seem to part with it. I loved that phone, it does great hands free. But it was analog, didn't work when the engine was off on my Scion, and brought lots of snickers.

The small one is my current gadget, a BlackBerry. With it I can carry around my work e-mail, my schedule, and a cell phone. One day I hope to load maps and GPS capabilities to it. I was curious why it was called BlackBerry, so I did some research on Wikipedia. The miniature buttons looked "like the tiny seeds in a strawberry," but straw was too slow sounding, so they went with blackberry. Yep, the tiny little buttons and the thumb track create new ergonomics nightmares.

Technologically impaired? Probably. In both forms, I view my cell primarily as a way to call AAA if the car breaks down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a big chunk of phone like your bag phone! It got laughs but in a pinch it could've been used as a weapon in self defense ;).

lynette said...

I can't imagine life without a cell hone. I am very glad that the technology has progressed.

nwscrapmom said...

I use my phone primarily for text messaging and an occasional call to Stacy to ask him to pick something up at the store.