Friday, April 11, 2008

04-11-08


And the flamingo fun begins!

Each spring, our church has a youth fundraiser where you can plant a flock of gaudy lawn art flamingos in the yard of your choice for a small fee. It's fun for the teens to plant them, fun for the congregation to hit their friends, and a great way to add camp money as long as the little critters don't get stolen as they move about.

Today was our first hit. But given Bruce's involvement with the youth, I doubt it will be our last. And, it seems like it might be retaliation for a hit we put out on some friends...

We are all soaking up the sun today...

3 comments:

Diana said...

ahhhhh so you guys "might" be the reason I have lovely flamingos in my yard??? LOL The kids love them. Speaking from past experience, I'm guessing you will see more flamingos.

lynette said...

That is hilarious! I love it!

nwscrapmom said...

What a riot! Whoever thought this up as a fundraiser was very creative.