Tuesday, April 15, 2008

04-15-08


I got to go out in the woods today. In heels, good thing I didn't get out of the explorer! We were looking at logging and the storm blow down at the Seaside operation.

But, before that, I stopped off in Astoria to give presentations to the Lead Team. Lead Team is our term for top managers, my boss thinks it is a good "development opportunity" to get up in front of them and try to be coherent. Maybe someday I'll be able to do it without the nerves.

As I drove into the hotel parking lot, though, I knew that I was in exactly the right place. The row of four white Explorers was a dead give away. They are standard issue for managers and employees who have to go in the woods, but not every day. Only white, for safety. And maybe a tad of resale value, since years ago vehicles were bright yellow!

A big happy birthday shout out to my dear OLD mom! After Xander was so long overdue, he couldn't wait one more stinking day for Grandma's birthday!

2 comments:

lynette said...

Kids do have a mind of their own :) I know right where you were in Astoria!!

nwscrapmom said...

At least you weren't out hiking around in heels. :) Happy Birthday to your Mom!