Thursday, April 10, 2008

04-10-08


A new take on eating on the run.

Normally we eat dinner at about 5:20pm, but tonight Bruce and I both had 5pm meetings. So I got home at 6:10 and ate a few bites before leaving to take Anastasia to ballet and go get my hair cut. Then I ate the rest of my plate (cold, not sure why I didn't heat it up!) at 7pm before leaving to pick up Anastasia at ballet at 7:30. Then I had my salad after that to keep Anastasia company while she finished her plate of dinner.

The meal is a crockpot recipe called Pork with Veggies. We have a cookbook called Low on the Go (which seems fitting), but this recipe is from Fix It and Forget It.

My in laws are trying to each the kids to slow down while they eat, but we don't have time for that with our crazy schedules!

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers." - Socrates

2 comments:

lynette said...

Eating slow is a luxury. I savor the days we can do it! Hope this day is calmer for you.

nwscrapmom said...

I may have to get back into using the crock pot for dinners. Seems lately I have just been too tired to cook at night. I've heard good things about the Fix It and Forget It cookbooks.