Sunday, April 6, 2008

04-06-08


I've spent a lot of my free time reading this weekend. I don't feel like doing anything else.

And I found a compelling book.

At my last trip to Powell's, I found two inexpensive Jane Kirkpatrick books. Since I'm hoping to see her later this month, I wanted to read at least one of her books. I didn't realize that this was the one Beth recommended until later. And I didn't realize that it is historical fiction about the camp facility we'll be visiting for family camp next month.

The book has three novellas - a murder trial in 1901, a cult compound in 1984, and the birth of the Young Life camp in 1997. Novellas are one of my favorite formats; I love how the stories are each self contained, but if well-written, have clues and information that thread through all the stories.

Looking forward to seeing the Muddy Ranch in person... now which book to start next?

5 comments:

Beth said...

One of my all time favorite's of hers! How very cool that you will be at the camp! Now you will know about it's history and how God redeemed the land for His purposes!

Marie said...

I think I have that book...now I'll have to go check...

nwscrapmom said...

Boy, that sounds like a really good book. I'll have to go add that to my list!

Anonymous said...

Is it bad that my envy of your awesome nails kept me from reading the message of your post? Okay..yeah, I suppose so, but I still want to have naturally pretty nails like yours when I grow up Ü.

lynette said...

I guess I am not grown up either :) No nails here. Glad you are enjoyed your book and a relaxing weekend!