Monday, April 7, 2008

04-07-08


This morning my devotion made me smile. It said:

To all those who feel like a crashed kite, he says "We can fix this, Let me teach you." Let me teach you how to handle your money, long Mondays, and cranky in-laws. But most of all, let me teach you why on earth you are on this earth.

How appropriate to read that first thing Monday morning! On a day and a week that I am dreading. Not because of how much work there is, but because of what the work is. Important decisions. Presentations. Influencing others. Stuff that I can't just cross off my to do list, no matter how much time and energy I put in.

But it's a good day. I woke up with renewed commitment - to drinking 80 ounces of water a day, to losing 10 pounds, to facing things head on. And to enjoying the little things even when there are big things looming. Like this gorgeous arrangement my co-worker received last week, that I didn't get a shot of then because there were too many people around. But today was a good day.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Those are so pretty. I just love flower arrangements.

nwscrapmom said...

It sounds like a powerful devotion. I was going to ask what the devotional was, then realized you'd made a link. I really enjoy Max Lucado's writings.

Lesa said...

so even after linking to the info that alot of water isnt needed, you are still aiming for 80ozs?..I try to do 64 and that is alot for me!!..the potty calls too often,lol..

lynette said...

Beautiful arrangement.