Monday, April 21, 2008

04-21-08

Another Monday.

This is the one and only plant in my life. I got it about 5 years ago as a tiny little thing, for Bosses Day or my birthday or something. My team was excited that they found something that wouldn't bother my allergies. I liked it, but didn't expect it to live for very long.

But this fern is special. It turns colors when it needs water. It goes from bright green to a sickly shade of gray, and it is very patient, so I eventually remember to water it. It's been repotted at least four times and it has kept me company in three different offices. I have grown quite fond of it.

Live long and prosper...

"My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view." - H. Fred Ale

3 comments:

lynette said...

My fern went in the compost bin so you are having very good luck with it! Looks nice!

Marie said...

You've kept it pretty healthy looking! I have a hard time keeping plants healthy.

nwscrapmom said...

Plants are *not* my forte... glad to hear that you've kept Fern alive for so long!