Sunday, April 13, 2008

04-13-08


The flamingo fun continues.

Last evening I found myself home alone, with the guys at a Blazers game and Anastasia at a sleepover.

First I heard a team of youth arrive to get the flamingo flock out of our yard. I went out to chat with them, and learned that while Keri planted the flock in the yard, Bruce was on the cell phone with her from a few blocks away.

A bit later I heard more noise and went out front to investigate. They had parked a few doors down and ran like heck when I opened the door. I wish I had gone out the back door and gone around to sneak up on them. Surprise, surprise, the same team had now planted TWO flocks in our yard!

Disappointingly, we discovered one of the flocks stolen this morning. Before I could even photograph their splendor! It disturbs me that the flamingos would disappear, but especially out of our own yard!

"The number one rule of thieves is that nothing is too small to steal." - Jimmy Breslin

5 comments:

Lesa said...

oh too bad that someone stole the flock!..maybe it was a group of kids that will re-plant them??..bummer!

nwscrapmom said...

It's sad that someone could do that.

Marie said...

Hopefully they were just "borrowed" for another yard.

lynette said...

What a bummer that they were stolen :( The flaming-O's sure are fun though!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.