Friday, February 29, 2008

02-29-08


This weekend I was retreating. With a church that we moved away from ten years ago, but that still welcomes us back with open arms.

The definitions of retreat that apply are:
a. The act or process of withdrawing, especially from something hazardous, formidable, or unpleasant.
b. A place affording peace, quiet, privacy, or security.
c. A period of seclusion, retirement, or solitude.
d. A period of group withdrawal for prayer, meditation, or study.

Normal life isn't exactly unpleasant, but it is so wonderful to withdraw a few times a year. Some years its about the fellowship, some years its about the content, and this year for me it was about the solitude. I let go of the expectations and just let my body and mind rest in the quiet.

When I stepped in my room, the first thing I saw were the slippers laid out for us. Oh what joy to be so pampered!

3 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

It's wonderful to get away now and again. Love the slippers... very similar to what they did for us up at the Scrapbook Cottage. You mentioned Yelm... were you at Cascades?

Marie said...

What a great welcome present. Hope you enjoyed your stay.

lynette said...

That's great. We all need that pampering from time to time.