Thursday, February 28, 2008

02-28-08


I got a color analysis at the spa today.

She started by asking me what colors I normally wear, and I said "lots of reds, medium pinks, and some blues." And, ta dum, those are my colors!

First she had to figure out what season I was. I always thought I was a spring or summer, but I'm an autumn! Then we went through each color chip for autumn to see what hues I am. We threw out the ones that aren't mine. Two thirds of them. No yellows, hardly any greens (drat!), and not even white. I am rich and spicy. Deep colors, with a few brights I can pull off. She really liked the yellow beige and the peach and salmons for me. Not what I gravitate to, I'll have to take another look. Oh, and she suggested I shy away from silver and look for antique gold and copper metals instead. I laughed that the light green and deep orange on our downstairs walls are in my palette.

I can't wait to purge my wardrobe and redeem my "whine free" shopping spree certificate from Christmas. Now that I know that I am a rich and spicy autumn!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Sounds like a fun thing to do, get colorized.

lynette said...

My mom used to do that. I am a winter. Sounds like you had a good time with it!!

nwscrapmom said...

That sounds like fun. I have absolutely no clue where I fall in the color spectrum although I gravitate toward teals and an occasional pink.