Thursday, February 21, 2008

02-21-08



I'm grumpy this evening. I had a fairly nice day at work, but things kind of went tilt when I got home. Everyone had too much energy for me, it felt chaotic after a slow few hours at work with my co-workers both gone. I cut myself and it still throbs. Anastasia slammed the front door with her coat in it and we couldn't get it out.

We live two blocks from church and drive by it almost every time we leave the house. Tonight when I was driving by to drop Anastasia off at ballet, I noticed how the church was list up and it looked so peaceful. It's always lit up like this, but tonight I needed that peace. On the way home I parked at church and wandered around in the dark taking photos. In the lulls between the traffic signals it was so quiet and... peaceful.

And then I was ready to go home and face the to do list and the noise again.

2 comments:

lynette said...

We all need a little break sometime. GLad you were able to take yours.

nwscrapmom said...

I always love reading your posts. They are, in a way, so poetic and true-to-life. I'm glad you were able to find a way to de-stress.