Tuesday, February 26, 2008

02-26-08


Today was my once a month day to get up at the wee hours and go to Aberdeen.

When I moved my office from Aberdeen to Longview almost four years ago, it was a gradual process. A few more boxes each visit.

I still have a skeleton of an office there in Cosmopolis. With a few personal items. The kids preschool artwork is still hanging on the wall there, for me to smile at.

The gorilla with earrings had to be Anastasia's, the fire truck has Alexander's name (from even before he could write his own name), and I don't remember who made me the adorable sea otter.

When the kids stopped toting home wonderful little art projects, it was a gradual process. I didn't take note. They just started packing home stories about dissecting owl pellets and flyers for book fairs instead.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Those old projects sure bring back good memories (my boys' are in a box...need to look at them more).

lynette said...

It's funny how that time suddenly passes, isn't it? Very cool picture!!

Laurie said...

How fun to have those things, Caseys are in a drawer..but you're right, If I stop and think, the projects are slowly giving way to handwriting sheets...

nwscrapmom said...

That's neat!