Friday, February 1, 2008

02-01-08


What's in your fridge?

We don't keep our fridge very stocked, but you can always count on my salad dressing collection!

I crave salad if I don't have it often enough, but I love the fun stuff to put on top even more.

I love to hang out in the salad dressing section of the grocery store, Bruce either keeps me away from it or says "I'll come back in 10 minutes". I get salad dressing in my stocking, and it makes me happy (much better than the tuna and toilet bowl cleaner).

Today you can find cranberry, mango, raspberry vinaigrette, Asian Silk spritzer, two kinds of ranch (for Bruce, I dislike Kraft and Hidden Valley. Uncle Dan's and Marie's are yummy.), honey mustard, poppy seed, spinach (not just for spinach!), and Italian (gross on salad, but wonderful marinade for chicken).

What dressing do you order at restaurants? Honey mustard. Very hard to find in southern states, and Canadians only use it for dipping. What is your favorite dressing? Poppy seed. What do you put on your salad at home? Raisins, dried cranberries, various chopped nuts, or crunched up tortilla chips. What do you put on your salad at the salad bar? Beets, shredded zucchini, carrots, sunflower seeds, and bacon bits.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have great taste in Ranch dressings! When you first mentioned that you collect salad dressing it sounded a little odd, but now after seeing your collection I've gained a better understanding and come to the realization that I too am a collector Ü.

Marie said...

I just stick with homemade Honey Mustard...it's great as a pizza sauce, steak dip, veggie dip, and salad dressing. Outback makes a great honey mustard, too.

lynette said...

I'm a vinaigrette girl myself :) And bleu cheese is nas-tee!!!

Lesa said...

I'm a ranch girl...any brand will do!!..I love salad, but hate to make it at home, guess Im lazy!

Beth said...

Now I know how to RAK you! H&L produce in lakewood carries a line of YUMMY lo-fat dressings. My current fave is Peach Pecan. Yum-o1

nwscrapmom said...

This is a great topic! My favorite salad dressing is Creamy Pesto at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Tacoma. I tend to fall back on ranch a lot, but I love having a bit of variety in the fridge. I think I'm going to visit your house... sounds like you make some killer salads!