Friday, February 15, 2008

02-15-08


What is it, you say?

Tonight was Connections Ladies Night at Totally Crazed. Connections is our young families group at church that I am social director for, Totally Crazed is our local ceramic shop.

The photo is of our fused glass projects in the kiln getting ready to be fired or fused or whatever the correct terminology is. I totally forgot to take any photos during the creative process, so I asked them if I could take a photo of them in the furnace. We had to put the pieces in there ourselves, because we didn't want to glue down the pieces, and they didn't want to take the risk of the glass sliding around. The flower design is mine, the square mosaic is going to be a ring holder for my pal Tracy.

We'll get to see the finished creation in a week.

3 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

It sounds like it was a fun evening. I'd like to see the finished project!

Marie said...

I thought it might be a kiln. Glass is fun to work with. I hope you share a photo when it's done!

lynette said...

So fun! I've always wanted to try that. Please share when they are done.