Tuesday, May 20, 2008

05-20-08


I love Fred Meyer! Where else can you shop for clothes, groceries, gardening supplies, and hardware all at the same store?!? We lived near a Freddys in Federal Way, missed it in Aberdeen, and now use it as a staple again in Longview.

I dropped Anastasia off at ballet, ran to Fred Meyer and the library, and got back to the studio just in time to pick her up at the end of class. What’s on your list today? I was looking for hair gel, a hanging basket, and paint color palettes. I ended up with a swimsuit cover-up, cooler, Airborne, flashlights, and paint samples in teals and yellow for the kitchen.

This photo also documents our lovely fuel prices. I had to fill up today, but I went to the Safeway in Astoria.

Fred Meyer fast facts: Did you know that…
… Fred Meyer, Inc is an American company founded in 1922 in Portland, Oregon by Fred G. Meyer.
… Fred Meyer, Ralphs and QFC are now divisions of Kroger? I had no idea.

… Everyone in our family is fully proficient at using the U-Scan checkout option?

4 comments:

Marie said...

We love the U-Scan. I would rather make multiple trips during the week if it means I can skip the checkout line an do U-Scan. (The store's only 2 minutes away.)

lynette said...

I love the U-scan too :) But Freddy's is far from me so I am more of a Safeway girl.

Lesa said...

I do not like the U scan at all!- it makes me nervous for some reason..but we do shop at Fred Meyer almost exclusively.

When we first moved here in 1982 we were amazed that you could get groceries and clothes etc in the same store- nothing like it back home!!

nwscrapmom said...

I remember Fred Meyer when they first opened in Alaska... it was such a novelty. I like them, but to shop there would mean driving to Lacey, so we rarely shop there anymore.