Sunday, May 4, 2008

05-04-08


When I posted on Friday that I had no plans this weekend, it was an error. We had just not flipped our calendar to May yet. Oops!

I think Bruce was hoping I'd forget that I had bought tickets to a play today. And the weather was so gorgeous, it was hard to head indoors right smack in the middle of the afternoon.

But, we were a part of history today. We saw the very last performance at the Pepper Theater, a small little theater in the round attached to the Columbia Theater here in Longview. It only seats about 100, it is a very intimate stage. When I heard that it would be demolished to make way for upgrades to the main theater, I knew I wanted to visit "one last time".

To add salt to Bruce's wound, it was a musical. Spitfire Grill.

“Nothing in life is fun for the whole family.”

3 comments:

nwscrapmom said...

That sounds like so much fun! What a terrific opportunity. Was it a good show?

Marie said...

It's neat to go someplace historical like that. We also went to a musical this weekend, Miss Saigon. Very serious, almost too adult for my boys, but done well.

lynette said...

What a fun day! I missed my chance at a bit of history. And at least Bruce was a good sport adn went. Jim wouldn't even go.