Friday, May 16, 2008

05-15-08


Today I was in Federal Way for a meeting at Corporate Headquarters. It was sunny and beautiful at quitting time and I had nowhere to be, so I decided to wander through the bonsai garden and take photos of my favorite little trees.

This is my favorite today. Because it’s the only one I got to see today. The Bonsai garden is closed on Thursdays! And this is the only bonsai outside the locked gates.

I still got a nice walk through the wooded path in the bright sunshine.


“To develop a fine Bonsai collection, make one hundred and keep two or three. “ - John Naka, American Bonsai Master

This reminds me so much of taking photos too! Take a hundred and keep two or three…

3 comments:

Marie said...

I have one little bonsai tree that I've actually kept alive for about 5 or 6 years. It's wondeful because it can be ignored for a while and look just as good as it always has!

lynette said...

That tree is great! So they actually have a bonsai garden on site?

nwscrapmom said...

My favorite bonsai was one I was growing when we lived in Alaska. When we moved out of state I gave it to my mother-in-law. I don't think she has it anymore which is sad because it was the cutest little tree. I've not been up to the bonsai garden... is it open to the public?