Tuesday, May 6, 2008

05-06-08


My home to do list has 29 items on it this week. Plus two items from last week that did not get done (hate that!). But, only one item HAS to be done today. The world will not stop spinning if I don't get my nails painted or don't find a sub to teach Sunday School for me Memorial Day weekend, but we must have something to bring to the church potluck tomorrow night!

Bruce does the cooking, but at some point I was put in charge for preparing food that is not consumed on our property. Potlucks, dinner parties, baked items. I'm getting off easy, I can't complain. And it lets me try out recipes that the family won't like.

Normally I bring devilled eggs to church potlucks, that is my thing. And they are always gone by the time I get through the line. But the kids have been begging for pinwheels, so I broke tradition this month. And, hey, they are even easier than devilled eggs!

I'm so proud of myself, I didn't eat any of the ugly ends that I cut off. I plan to avoid the dessert table tomorrow night too...

“We use food, in every situation. When we're happy, sad, lonely. At my church, nobody would think to bring a bottle of vodka, but food? Food is a legalized drug. It's an epidemic.”
Janice Jazvinski

3 comments:

lynette said...

Great quote!! That is a good cooking balance, I could live with that.

nwscrapmom said...

I really like that quote... too funny. The pinwheels sound good. I can see why your kids requested them. I'm experiencing kitchen burn-out. Guess it is because I'm actually having to make "real" dinners now that Stacy is on a normal schedule. LOL

Marie said...

I would love your recipe for pinwheels. I've been going to ask for a while, now you reminded me!