Sunday, May 11, 2008

05-11-08

I have 118 photos to choose from today. But a big chunk of them are from a bored son who didn't bring anything to do on the car ride to and from Olympia for Mother's Day dinner. We've got clouds, a peeved sister, and some posed booger picking.

So our mothers day tradition is to meet halfway and have dinner at Sizzler. It is also a tradition to take family photos at "the wall". We disrupt the traffic flow to the restaurant and generally make fools of ourselves taking every imaginable combination of relatives imaginable. Anastasia's expression says it all - "do we HAVE to take photos this year?!?" Yep.

My SIL Diana is traveling this year, so here we have Bruce's grandma Delores, my MIL Renee, Anastasia and I. There were three cameras going, so no wonder nobody knew where to look.

“Just because something is tradition doesn't make it right.”
Anthony J. D'Angelo

2 comments:

Marie said...

I can agree with your quote, but traditions usually fun. :)

nwscrapmom said...

Yet another great quote. Where do you find them all? I think it is great you have a tradition like that. My aunt decided to fly my mom down to Arizona this year, so we didn't get together like we usually do which felt kind of odd.