Thursday, August 28, 2008

08-28-08


I will never think that going back to school before Labor Day is a sane proposition, but today was indeed the first day of school for Longview school district.

It's kind of fun having everyone up and about by the time I leave for work again.

The kids had a good day. Anastasia's biggest trauma at middle school was not being able to figure out how to open her locker, and Xander just rolled with the day. He has asked to be called Xander at school this year though. Maybe it will finally stick!

“The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.”
Robert M. Hutchins

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diana said...

yeah....test my blog...I don't know how that works.

Looks like the kids loved school today in the smiling picture. Katie was up and dressed before me this morning. I don't think that has ever happened.

nwscrapmom said...

That is a cute picture of both of the kids. We started school before Labor Day this year, too. OK, maybe not in a traditional sense... but I'm not a very traditional person! *G*