Saturday, August 16, 2008

08-16-08


Do you notice the summer sky?

I noticed it last night and this evening, but not normally. Did I notice it just because of this photo challenge? Am I normally not outside at 8pm? How often is the sky clear enough for a pink sky in the pacific northwest?

Bruce was sweet enough to drive me around tonight to chase down the sunset. We ended up at the cemetery. And we got some great shots. But this one is my favorite, with the clouds lit up and the silhouette of the tree.

“Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven.” - John Lubbock

4 comments:

Diana said...

It was beautiful close to nine...firey red.

Red sky at night..sailors delight, red sky at morning, sailor take warning! Today should be a good day.

I think it was the prettiest sunset of the summer.

Marie said...

That's beautiful. I love the tree on the side.

lynette said...

Gorgeous!!!

nwscrapmom said...

Now THAT is a beautiful photo!