Wednesday, August 13, 2008

08-13-08

What’s on your front door?

This seemed like a ho-hum photo challenge topic. The workshop teacher has a lime green door with summer decorations hanging on it, how do I compete with that?

But, why not? On our door hangs a personalized knocker that our BIL Nathaniel gave Bruce as a wedding party gift when Nathaniel married Diana, so that is special. The door itself is a very shiny, wood grained, heavy-looking black. It’s a conversation piece; guests hover on our porch as they say their good-byes, and pretty soon we hear “hey, this door is different, did you put this in?” Nope, I would chose a greenish turquoise door if I could pick.

So, maybe it’s not as boring as it first seemed.

“We must open the doors of opportunity. But we must also equip our people to walk through those doors.” - Lyndon B. Johnson

5 comments:

Marie said...

Who married Diana, Nathaniel or Bruce?

Lesa said...

love the door knocker!..

Beth said...

Someday I will have my OWN house with my name on the door....

nwscrapmom said...

Love the personalized knocker! I'm with you, though... greenish turquoise would be very pretty.

lynette said...

Very nice :) We need some personalization and charm at our door.