Sunday, August 10, 2008

08-10-08


What's in your fruit basket?

Uh, we don't have one. When we do have fruit, it sits on top of the fridge. But we rarely have fruit. The kids don't eat it before it goes bad when we buy it for snacking. I'm the only one who LOVES fruit cooked in with my meat. I'm not sure Bruce has EVER eaten much fruit. I love fruit, but it is high in sugar and carbs, so it has been easy to cut out in my quest to hit my ideal body weight. I skip the fruit and go right for chocolate when I need to splurge!

But, I loved the idea of capturing the vibrant colors of fruit, so I headed to the store to get my challenge shot for today. Feast your eyes on the bounty of inviting color!

Vegetables are the food of the earth; fruit seems more the food of the heavens. ~Sepal Felicivant

3 comments:

Marie said...

It is very colorful! We don't eat a ton either, and the boys love canned pears and peaches and they don't spoil...

lynette said...

Very pretty colors. We don't have a ton in the house either. Mainly because it never seems to be fresh and I hate wasting money.

nwscrapmom said...

I love the colors. It's funny... I feel exactly like Lynette and Marie, but always felt I was alone for not buying much fruit. Wow... I feel empowered! LOL