Sunday, August 3, 2008

08-03-08


Every Sunday I do chores to get ready for the week. I look at our calendar, plan out meals, and make a grocery shopping list for Bruce. I put all the clothes I've thrown on the floor away, pick out an outfit for each day of the coming week, and iron the clothes with wrinkles.

None of it is hard or time consuming, but it is a symbol of another Monday morning right around the corner. And this Monday I'll be jumping into two weeks of backlog. The price we pay to take time off...

I didn't find a relevant quote, but this one made me chuckle given that I took about 750 photos on our trip:
“Using a camera appeases the anxiety which the work-driven feel about not working when they are on vacation and supposed to be having fun. They have something to do that is like a friendly imitation of work: they can take pictures.”
- Susan Sontag

3 comments:

Marie said...

I'm trying not to think about work for another few weeks, although I do have my share of ironing and chores to do.

nwscrapmom said...

Hopefully your Monday back-to-work went uneventfully. Our weekend seemed to fly by (which I always hate).

lynette said...

Good routine you have going there. I was never that organized. Love the quote too, very funny.