Saturday, August 23, 2008

08-23-08


Well, attendance at the Louis Palau event is estimated at 75,000, but that didn't stop me from going back again today. Without Bruce, he was done with the crowds. We enjoyed seeing MercyMe and Hawk Nelson and hearing Louis Palau's message. And I'm proud of myself for navigating Lloyd's center, the Max, and a shuttle bus to get to waterfront park. Being lead navigator is not my strong suit.

But before all that, we headed to Aurora, a town of 950 people just south of Portland. We were headed to the colony museum to learn more about the German religious group that settled in Aurora in 1856. My mom, Anastasia and I have all read the first book in the Jane Kirkpatrick historical fiction trilogy on this settlement, so it was a very fun outing to see the area and museum. In the photo we three are sitting in front of Emma Geisy's home in Aurora.
A weekend for adventures...

4 comments:

Marie said...

Is that the book you've talked about in the reading group? Sounds like a fun day.

Diana said...

Oh man...Aurora is so fun. I like that community and the antique shops are alot of fun to take a look at. Every June they hold a strawberry festival weekend and it is a great time..check it out.

lynette said...

Too funny, I just commented on your other blog post about Jim hating crowds :) Sounds like you had a fun time!

nwscrapmom said...

Aurora sounds like a great little community. That sounds more like my speed than the huge event!