Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10-22-08


I've been taking a budgeting class at church on Wednesday nights. I've learned that "spending plan" is a much happier way to term budgeting. And that money relates to security for me. And that Bruce is not the only guy who won't turn in his receipts.

Tonight we spent a few minutes setting three financial goals. Mine are to build a 3 month emergency fund, save money for our next vehicle, and invest in college funds for the kids.

Attainable? Time will tell...

“Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.”
Will Smith

Bonus points for spotting the $20 bill, Netflicks movie mailer, and hockey tickets in this jumbled mess that is my current life.

“Life begets life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich.”
Sarah Bernhardt

4 comments:

Marie said...

Let me tell you...you'd better start saving for car insurance for your young man and insist that he get good grades if he ever plans to set foot behind the wheel of a car...the prices are robbery! (And that IS with a good student discount.)

lynette said...

I like the term spending plan. Kinda like substituing eating plan for diet :) And I love that Will Smith quote. Good stuff.

Lesa said...

we need to do a "spending plan"..instead of paying bills and spending the rest!..not good!

nwscrapmom said...

Spending plan... I like that better than "budget". That is a very appropriate quote, too.